Seafood exports in the first two months of 2021 rose by 2.2 percent year-on-year to over $1 billion, according to the Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters and Producers.
Local aquatic product exports is expected to hit US$9.4 billion this year, a rise from US$8.5 billion last year, with this growth largely driven by a strong rebound in the demand of export markets, coupled with support from free trade agreements, according to the Vietnam Association of Seafood Producers and Exporters (VASEP).
Notably, 1,600 tonnes of high-value fragrant rice were sold at high prices to Singaporean and Malaysian markets in recent times. The latest increase in rice export value can largely be attributed to high-quality rice varieties such as fragrant rice, with the cultivation areas of the specialty rice accounting for 85%. Rice exports represented a bright […]
Though milk is considered an essential commodity, the dairy sector is expected to make only a K-shaped recovery with some companies seeing growth and the rest remaining in a slump, brokerage SSI Securities Corporation said in its latest industry report. Demand from low-income and price-sensitive consumers is likely to continue falling, since the pandemic has […]
The view was shared by experts during a January 12 workshop in Ho Chi Minh City aimed at discussing solutions for boosting exports via Alibaba.com, one of the world’s leading e-commerce platforms. Tran Phu Lu, deputy director of Ho Chi Minh City’s Investment and Trade Promotion Centre (ITPC), emphasised that e-commerce has become a new […]
But volumes were down 3.5 percent to 6.15 million tons since the country stopped exports for over two weeks in March and April to ensure adequate domestic supply amid the pandemic. The average price rose by 13.3 percent from the previous year to $499 per ton, the highest in years, the Ministry of Industry and […]
The disruption of many global supply chains from the beginning of last year until now because of the Covid-19 pandemic has created gaps in foreign markets. Meanwhile, Vietnamese products have regained their advantage on the home ground when 76 percent of surveyed consumers said that they preferred to use Vietnamese goods due to their high […]
The shipment is scheduled to be carried out in January and February this year at the price of around US$310 per tonne on a free-on-board (FOB) basis. Many may be surprised at the news that Vietnam, one of the three biggest rice exporters in the world, is importing rice from India. However, Vietnamese rice exporters […]
The increase for the full year could reach 50 percent, the Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters and Producers (VASEP) said in a report. In the first eight months of the year, 90 percent of the U.K.’s pangasius fish imports was from Vietnam, and VASEP forecasts that exports to the U.K., which was among the top […]
Global demand has remained stable while other shrimp exporting countries have not recovered from pandemic impacts, according to the Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters and Producers (VASEP). China is the biggest shrimp producer in Asia, yet it lacks shrimp supply for processing and consumption. Vietnam’s shrimps will benefit from tariff cut under new generation FTAs […]
Though the volume of Vietnam’s rice exports was down by 3.5 percent compared to 2019, earnings from rice export surged by 9.3 percent. Average rice export price in the whole year was estimated to hit $499 per ton, up by 13.3 percent over the prior year. According to the Ministry, last year price was highest […]
- Kết nối thực phẩm trên nền tảng công nghệ là hướng đi mới mẻ mà một doanh nghiệp đang thực hiện nhằm đưa nông sản đến người tiêu dùng một cách nhanh chóng.
- Sáng 21/4, tại Trung tâm TDTT Gia Phú, Đoàn Thanh niên Bộ Nông nghiệp và PTNT cùng Mạng Nông nghiệp Việt Nam - Agrinews đã tổ chức khai mạc giải bóng đá mini Agri Connect Cup lần I -2019.
- Một vấn đề đáng báo động hiện nay là dịch tả lợn châu Phi đang diễn biến khó lường vì nguồn lây đa dạng, chưa có thuốc chữa, tỷ lệ chết 100%. Điều này không chỉ khiến người tiêu dùng hoang mang, lo lắng, mà còn ảnh hưởng không ít đến sức cạnh tranh của thị trường thịt heo trong nước. Đâu là giải pháp cho hiện trạng này?
- Khoai lang Gia Lai được chuyển xuống TP HCM tiêu thụ trong chương trình "Khoai lang nghĩa tình" đã đạt khoảng 70 tấn chỉ trong hơn 1 ngày
- “Khoai nghĩa tình” là chiến dịch do anh Nguyễn Tuấn Khởi – Giám đốc Ngân hàng thực phẩm – Food Bank Việt Nam khởi xướng. Đến thời điểm hiện tại, chiến dịch đã thu mua được hơn 150 tấn khoai lang Nhật, dự kiến con số này sẽ lên đến 400 tấn.