Vietnam is expected to face a 200,000 tonne shortage of pork in the coming months, said the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD), which has proposed the government allow more pork imports to replenish the inadequate supply.
The 11th meeting of the UK-Vietnam Joint Economic and Trade Committee (JETCO) was held in Ha Long Bay on October 4. Talks focused on deepening the two countries’ trade cooperation in key sectors and overcoming impediments to greater UK investment.
CPI in the last 10 months rose 2.79 per cent. According to Đỗ Thị Ngọc, director of the GSO’s Price Statistics Department, high inflation rate in October was caused by the soaring price of pork, which climbed 7.85 per cent in the month after African swine fever decimated pork supplies. Pork was the main ingredient in […]
In a letter written to US House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi and President of the Senate and Vice President Mike Pence, US President Donald Trump said he had suspended duty-free treatment of certain Thai products because the country had not taken steps to “afford workers in Thailand internationally recognised worker rights.” The US Trade […]
The opening ceremony saw the presence of National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan. Taking place until October 31, the fair showcases staples of 20 cities and provinces, include agricultural and forestry products, seafood, handicraft productions, fruits, and beverages. The event is co-hosted by the Agriculture and Trade Promotion Centre under the Ministry of Agriculture […]
The Netherlands and Vietnam have cooperated to promote agricultural development with many specific support programs for agricultural products. What fields will the two sides develop next? As a pioneer in circular agriculture, we look forward to working with Vietnam to seek innovative solutions and share knowledge to build a sustainable future for agriculture. In recent […]
The first batch of Vietnamese milk shipped to China is Vietnamese brand TH Milk Joint Stock Companyincluding pure sterilized fresh milk and sterilized fresh milk added with natural flavours. Six months after the signing of the Protocol, the General Administration of Customs of China on October 16 officially announced its approval for the import of […]
Opportunities and challenges The EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) is expected to boost Vietnam’s exports to the EU market. This agreement is considered a great opportunity for Vietnam to promote its agricultural products in difficult markets. However, the agricultural sector will also face many challenges in meeting strict international standards, such as food safety and […]
Speaking at the event, Hà Việt Quân, deputy head of the Committee for Ethnic Minority Affairs’ Department of International Co-operation, said ethnic minority groups accounted for 14 per cent of the country’s population, but were suffering from a wide range of structural inequalities in terms of work, income, education and healthcare service due to geographical […]
Nguyễn Thị Các Thủy of Tây Cát Co., Ltd said to improve traditional products, producers needed to adopt technology, do research to enhance product quality and improve product designs. If businesses were constantly innovating, regardless of their scale they could enhance the value of their agricultural products, she told a seminar in HCM City on […]
They include improving the investment and business environment to ensure trust and promote the sustainable operation of private firms, encouraging businesses to apply sustainable models and cleaner production technology, saving natural resources and protecting the environment. The plan underlines the promotion of innovative start-ups and the effective implementation of policies supporting small and medium-sized enterprises, […]
- Sáng 21/4, tại Trung tâm TDTT Gia Phú, Đoàn Thanh niên Bộ Nông nghiệp và PTNT cùng Mạng Nông nghiệp Việt Nam - Agrinews đã tổ chức khai mạc giải bóng đá mini Agri Connect Cup lần I -2019.
- Một vấn đề đáng báo động hiện nay là dịch tả lợn châu Phi đang diễn biến khó lường vì nguồn lây đa dạng, chưa có thuốc chữa, tỷ lệ chết 100%. Điều này không chỉ khiến người tiêu dùng hoang mang, lo lắng, mà còn ảnh hưởng không ít đến sức cạnh tranh của thị trường thịt heo trong nước. Đâu là giải pháp cho hiện trạng này?
- Khoai lang Gia Lai được chuyển xuống TP HCM tiêu thụ trong chương trình "Khoai lang nghĩa tình" đã đạt khoảng 70 tấn chỉ trong hơn 1 ngày
- “Khoai nghĩa tình” là chiến dịch do anh Nguyễn Tuấn Khởi – Giám đốc Ngân hàng thực phẩm – Food Bank Việt Nam khởi xướng. Đến thời điểm hiện tại, chiến dịch đã thu mua được hơn 150 tấn khoai lang Nhật, dự kiến con số này sẽ lên đến 400 tấn.
- Ngành nông nghiệp cần thay đổi để đạt mục tiêu là một trong những đòn bẩy giúp kinh tế "phát triển khá hơn vào năm 2035".