Rice farmers in the Mekong Delta are earning higher incomes from selling rice straw left over from the harvested 2019 – 20 winter-spring rice crop.
The consumer price index (CPI) in the first quarter of 2020 rose by 5.56 percent, the highest increase during the 2016-2020 period, Director of the General Statistics Office (GSO) Nguyen Bich Lam said.
“No locality will face a shortage of essential goods,” he said. Supplies will be sufficient to meet the needs of people, even when the pandemic prolongs for one month, two months, six months, or longer, he affirmed. In the worst situation, the ministry will ask the government to mobilise national reserves, he said. Deputy Minister […]
On average, a boat using a net can harvest from 5 to 10 tonnes of tuna per trip. High and stable prices, as well as favourable weather, are the main reasons for an expected bumper tuna season, according to a local fisherman. The main fishing ground is the Truong Sa (Spratly) Islands and DK1 rigs […]
In Krong A commune in the Central Highlands province, the cultivation of lemongrass has helped many farmers escape poverty. Coffee, pepper and sugarcane are affected by climate change and have low prices. The Krong A commune Farmers Association has instructed farmers in techniques to grow lemongrass to produce essential oil. Nguyen Văn Tuân is one […]
Pork imports aimed to make up for the shortage in supply and cool off skyrocketing pork prices in the country which were caused by the African swine fever. Pork was mainly imported from Canada (up 29 percent), Germany (19 percent), Poland (12 percent), Brazil (12 percent) and the US (5.5 percent). Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan […]
Although tra fish exports to most markets last month fell sharply from the same period last year, shipments to the US reached 18.1 million USD, accounting for 17.8 percent of the total. VASEP predicted further growth in the export of this commodity to the North American market despite the COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on the trading […]
Since June 2019, the province has installed tracking devices on local fishing vessels. To date, the devices have been installed on 453 vessels with length of 24 metres or more, equivalent to 96.58 percent, and 875 boats with length of from 15 metres to under 24 metres, or 50.75 percent. Huynh Van Cung, head of […]
Earlier, the VRC coordinated with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) to carry out emergency relief activities for locals in 12 communes of Ben Tre, Bac Lieu and Tra Vinh provinces with total expenses of over 2.5 billion VND (107,316 USD). By the end of this April, 24,000 poor and […]
Quang Trong Thao, deputy director of the department, said to ensure safe, sustainable and efficient shrimp farming, the province would carefully monitor the farming environment and outbreak of diseases to promptly address problems. The province is carrying out a plan to proactively monitor for diseases in shrimp farming areas in Kien Luong district’s Binh Tri […]
In the first two months of 2020, about 900,000 tonnes of rice worth 410 million USD were shipped abroad, up 27 percent in volume and 32 percent in value year on year, according to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD). Export prices averaged 478 USD per tonne in January, rising 7 percent from […]
- Sáng 21/4, tại Trung tâm TDTT Gia Phú, Đoàn Thanh niên Bộ Nông nghiệp và PTNT cùng Mạng Nông nghiệp Việt Nam - Agrinews đã tổ chức khai mạc giải bóng đá mini Agri Connect Cup lần I -2019.
- Một vấn đề đáng báo động hiện nay là dịch tả lợn châu Phi đang diễn biến khó lường vì nguồn lây đa dạng, chưa có thuốc chữa, tỷ lệ chết 100%. Điều này không chỉ khiến người tiêu dùng hoang mang, lo lắng, mà còn ảnh hưởng không ít đến sức cạnh tranh của thị trường thịt heo trong nước. Đâu là giải pháp cho hiện trạng này?
- Khoai lang Gia Lai được chuyển xuống TP HCM tiêu thụ trong chương trình "Khoai lang nghĩa tình" đã đạt khoảng 70 tấn chỉ trong hơn 1 ngày
- “Khoai nghĩa tình” là chiến dịch do anh Nguyễn Tuấn Khởi – Giám đốc Ngân hàng thực phẩm – Food Bank Việt Nam khởi xướng. Đến thời điểm hiện tại, chiến dịch đã thu mua được hơn 150 tấn khoai lang Nhật, dự kiến con số này sẽ lên đến 400 tấn.
- Ngành nông nghiệp cần thay đổi để đạt mục tiêu là một trong những đòn bẩy giúp kinh tế "phát triển khá hơn vào năm 2035".